Whilst it is possible to manufacture a needle felt with wool content, the majority of our Needle Felts are 100% synthetic. As the name suggests the fibres are locked together by a needling process.
The correct choice of fibre is dictated by the application, with the choice incorporating: Polyester, Viscose, Polypropylene, Polyamide, Acrylic, Para-Aramide (Kevlar, Twaron, Dara) Meta-Aramide (Nomex, Teflon) and Melamine resin fibre.
- POLYESTER – Low cost fibre with good abrasive resistance. Working / Peak temperature 150C
- POLYPROPYLENE – Good chemical resistance & biodegrable. Working Temperature 90C Peak Temperature 100C
- META-ARAMIDE (NOMEX/CONEX/SPAN) Good temperature resistance. Working Temperature 180C Peak Temperature 220C
- PARA-ARAMIDE (KEVLAR/TWARON) High tensile strength, good resistance to cuts, abrasion & heat. Working Temperature 180CPeak Temperature 500C
- VISCOSE – Good moisture absorption properties. Working temp 80CPeak temp 94C